hakuna matata land

about me... about my hopes, my fears, my achievements, my dreams, my challenges ...about the people i care about & are always there for me no matter what

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

where it all began

Hello dearly beloved reader standing on the other side of the screen :)
Please feel not as a stranger but as a friend who is about to find out more about me

I'm Lou, a friendly person who enjoys nature, ice cream , laughing and, most of all, being surrounded by friends

You may be wondering (or not) what is the relevance of this message....it may not concern you....it may not involve you...it may not put a smile upon your face...but it sure means a great deal to me, as this was the beginning of a new Lou- a better Lou- a more mature Lou- a Lou with BFFs (allow me to actually use this word in order to emphasize the importance of the matter) whom i know for sure i will cherish for as long as i will remember 1+1

It's actually the middle of May '09, yet my journey began last year in April, on the 21st and how did i know about this bumpy ride? well, funny thing...i received a sms: "Te felicit pt ca de azi esti oficial membru al echipei de Incoming Exchange. Fi pregatit pentru o adevarata aventura. Din partea ICX, Dutzu."

Why it took me so long to write about this? I'm not sure exactly...i could imply several reasons (a.k.a false objectives :P) such as lack of time, ideas and so on...yet what determined me to write today...to start sharing today a tiny bit of my happy moments was determined actually by a presentation from a beer company who promoted the idea of drinking for pleasure, not to abuse. don't let your imagination run wild, you will understand this paragraph better as you keep reading

The presentation also implied a debate at one point regarding abuse of technology, alcohol, drugs and so on...any kind actually...and though i find myself in none, i related a lot to something else that wasn't mentioned: friends. Can a person actually be addicted to friends? I don't consider myself one, but I'm sure there would be a thin line there...

So, how i got into AIESEC?....well....the reason above would explain the whole philosophy...i wanted to meet more people, socialize, make friends, escape the routine of home-school-(internet)-home...it's actually a sad reason as AIESEC is so much more than just a friendly environment of young students and Gosh....was i about to find out how much more...

But you will convince yourself of that in the following posts :)...soon to come:P....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home